I’ve talked about this several times with my family and friends and I’ve finally come up with the conclusion that while I absolutely hate the dorm life, it is good for me at the same time and that makes me hate it even more.
Here are the reasons why I hate dorm life-
- AC only has cold air. No heat. Says “Key is Locked” when you try to change it aka THIS IS NOT ALLOWED WE ARE TOO CHEAP TO DO THAT!
- Fighting over how cold it is in the dorm.
- Roommate and her boyfriend have sex all day every day. In the shower, in her room, doesn’t matter. Constant slapping or shower noises. (yes, I am a bit jealous but that is besides the point)
- Walls are paper thin so I can’t play my music loud without someone yelling at me.
- Random dorm searches where they lock your door after they leave so if you don’t have your key when you get home and you work in like 5 minutes you are shitting out of luck. Made me 15 minutes late for work cause of this.
- All of the floors are tile and cold so not only is there only cold air but all of the tiles are cold as well and it is just awful. “Invest in a rug” That will only help a TINY bit so why waste my money? There are still loud roommates (yes the one that has sex all of the time) that slam doors that will still be loud no matter what I do. Ear Plugs don’t even work. I’ve tried.
- Tiny room = No storage. I hate how tiny the room is.
- Bed isn’t even a real bed. It is material with springs inside of it that is uncomfortable as all living hell. Might as well sleep on the tile floor.
- We face the east. Yes, that means HERE COMES THE SUNSHINE AT OMG IT IS TOO EARLY O’CLOCK IN THE MORNING.
- Roommates in general. They suck. I hate roommates.
- Price. Like you get all of this STUPID STUFF for $10k :/
- rules on parking & parking lot being (what feels like) a mile away from your dorm room so when you have groceries, you are dying. :/
Is that enough reasons to hate dorm life or do I need to state more? Because I have at least 5-10 more I could state….
The dorm life is good for me though for these reasons-
- teaches me how to deal with life and situations that I absolutely hate
- teaches me how to deal with people I don’t care to be around (my roommate) and how to be more personable around them.
- teaches me how to deal with mornings when the sun freaking hates you.
- teaches you how to deal with a small storage area
- teaches you more maturity that comes with being on your own.
So, while I absolutely hate dorm life and can’t wait to either go home or move out (move out preferably) I know how much it is teaching me and I appreciate that.
Just something for those of you that are thinking about moving out for you to read so you can decide. 🙂